West Ohio Camps is the Camp and Retreat ministry of the West Ohio Conference of the United Methodist.
The Mission of the West Ohio Camping and Retreat Ministry is to equip local churches to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
A world of justice, love, and peace filled with people growing in the likeness of Jesus Christ.
The Vision of the West Ohio Camping and Retreat Ministry is to positively transform people, partners, and spaces through sustainable stewardship, fun experiences, and relationships with God, others, and Creation.
Our Core Values
As a Christ Centered ministry, we value:
- Safety –Ensuring all who engage in our ministries feel safe – emotionally, physically, socially, spiritually, and mentally
- Inclusion – Respecting and valuing all God’s people
- Transformation – Providing immersive space, time, and opportunities for personal, relational, and spiritual growth
- Sustainability – Being committed to wisely investing in our people, partners, facilities, and the environment
- Fun– Creating enjoyable and engaging experiences in a natural environment that brings smiles to faces and invites others to be include.
We believe that God loves every one of us and is seeking to form a closer relationship with us. Camp is an environment uniquely suited to helping people form and strengthen their relationship with God, and our programs are designed to help campers do so. Everyone is welcome at our camps, no matter your background. You can find more information about the beliefs of the United Methodist Church here.
We are American Camp Association accredited and follow Safe Sanctuary practices.
The American Camp Association® (ACA) is a national organization serving the more than 15,000 year-round and summer camps in the US who annually serve 26 million campers. ACA is committed to collaborating with those who believe in quality camp and outdoor experiences for children, youth, and adults. ACA provides advocacy, evidence-based education, and professional development, and is the only independent national accrediting body for the organized camp experience. ACA accredits more than 2,400 diverse US camps. ACA Accreditation provides public evidence of a camp’s voluntary commitment to the health, safety, risk management, and overall well-being of campers and staff. For more information, visit ACAcamps.org