Thank you for sharing the good news about West Ohio Camps!
Camp is a great way to energize your current family and youth ministries, reach out to new families in your community, and develop student leaders at your church. The resources on this page are to help you share information about camps with your church and community. We are happy to provide any print or custom formatted digital materials that you need. You can contact us with any questions at camps [at] wocumc.org.
One of the best ways to get your church involved is hosting a Camp Sunday. Whether you spend a few minutes talking about camp or have a whole "Camp Takeover" Sunday, the personal connection will help get families excited about camp. If your church has never had a Camp Sunday before, we are happy to help you get one started! Here are some of the Camp Sunday activites we recommend:
- Let us know! We'd be happy to have a representative from one of our locations be onsite to answer questions and join you in worship
- Email us for media resources you can print to help advertise
- Plan ahead, tell families about Camp Sunday coming up, make sure not to plan it over spring break. We recommend February-April when there are still registration slots open and families summer schedules aren't too full yet
- Take a special offering to help pay for kids from your church to come to camp
- Decorate your sanctuary and lobby to look like camp
- Serve s'mores before/after service instead of donuts
- Ask kids, parents and pastors to share about their experiences at camp and the impact it had on them
- Sing some favorite camp songs during service like "Trading my Sorrows", "Every Move I Make", "My Lighthouse", and "Thrive". Have campers come on stage and lead the church in the dances and hand motions.
- Don't limit yourself to just one week, share information about camp every week leading up to your Camp Sunday and several weeks after
Sharing about West Ohio Camps on your church or youth group's social media is a great way to reach families in your community or families that aren't able to make it to church every week.
- Share our Facebook (West Ohio Camps) posts on your own social media
- Ask kids, parents and pastors to share about their experiences at camp and the impact it had on them. Include photos of them at camp for a personal touch!
- Download photos at westohiocamps.smugmug.com to share.
Bring your church to Camp or Camp to your church
- Join us at one of our Regional Camp2Go Events
- Give us a call to learn how we can partner with you in brining camp to an outreach event at your church
- Host a church picnic at one of our camps
- Plan your next retreat, lock-in, board meeting, confirmation class, or other event at camp