Camp Wesley, near Bellefontaine, is the perfect location for a life-changing week of summer camp. The center of this beautiful place, a 20-acre lake, is surrounded by 225-acres of pine and hardwood forests with rolling activity fields. You will spend time each day enjoying all of the treasures that this varied site has to offer. Join new friends as you canoe or paddle board across the lake. Slide down the 120-foot turbo shoot into the lake, or climb, slide and splash on the inflated slide and rocket over at the beach. Cool off in the swimming pool on a sunny summer day. Up in the woods, you can spend activity time in archery, arts and crafts, nature hikes or working together with friends to overcome the obstacles of the challenge course.
Camp Wesley invites you to take time away from the busy schedule of your everyday life and spend time growing closer to God. During morning worship, small group Bible study, and evening vespers, you will learn new truths about living a life following Jesus Christ. Join your group around the campfire in the evening and talk about all that you have learned and experienced during your action-packed day.
Throughout the week, you will live in either rustic cabins, modern air-conditioned yurts, or the main lodge overlooking the lake. Wholesome and delicious meals are served in the Wesley dining hall.
New at Camp Wesley for 2018
- Creation Exploration -STEM activity camp includes a trip to COSI (week 4)
- Wesley Survivor Camp - overcome challenges with your team of camp friends. One-day canoe trip (week 4)
- Sports Camp - Participate in a wide variety of sports plus a trip to a Columbus sporting event (week 4)
- Mud and Mess Camp - 3 packed days with activities that will leave you muddy and messy (week 8)
- Throwback Camp - A weekend camp for grown-ups, be a kid at camp again! (week 2)
- Later camp closing time on Friday to allow parents travel time after work
- Horse Camp (week 3) (register early as this week fills up quick)
- Challenge and Mission Camp (week 6)
- Fort Builders Camp - build a fort in the woods (week 3)
- Adventure Island on the lake - slide, climbing walls, rope swing and jump platform
- Stand-Up Paddle Boards
- Turbo Shoot Water Slide
- Slip-n-slide Kickball
Some of the activities campers, families and retreat groups may enjoy:
Age appropriate programming is designed for campers to outwardly explore the spaces of Camp Wesley as well as inwardly explore their own creativities, teamwork, and leadership abilities. Immersion in these activities, as well as vibrant worship and relevant Bible study, is what makes camp a positive, character-building experience.
It is the hope and prayer of our staff that each camper will have the experience of a lifetime and return home at the end of a busy week having grown in confidence and with an understanding of God’s purpose for their lives.