Camp Widewater consists of 106 acres of sloping fields and wooded trails in Northwest Ohio. Year round operation consists of many needs excluding staff and servant labor. Listed below are some current needs that our camps could use your support in a variety of ways.
- Shelter house at lodge
- Bouldering wall
- Replacement 4x4 truck
- Trailer for kayaks
- Kitchen equipment
Supply needs - (Donations)
- Four Tetherballs
- Miscellaneous recreation balls
- Roofing materials to replace roof of residence
- Trees (annually)
Mission Team Projects (In need of funding and volunteers hours)
Camp Widewater has several projects needing completed in the Spring of 2018. We would welcome any VIM teams to assist in these projects. We can provide free housing in the Lodge and have unofficial sites where RV’s can park and hook up to water and electric. More information can be obtained, and reservations made, by contacting Rachel Palmer, Camp Widewater Director, at 419-262-7598 or rpalmer [at] wocumc.org.
1. Lake Widewater. Restoration is taking place at Camp Widewater’s scenic waterfront. Located behind the beautiful Harmony Lodge the pond located at Camp Widewater has been left to the wild and weeds over the past few years. Starting in 2018 we are planning a facelift for the pond that will include: aeration system, weeding and restoration of the banks, and other efforts to make this asset more accessible to campers and retreat attendees.
2. Bouldering Wall. Starting in the Spring of 2018 we will be constructing a 30 foot bouldering wall. This will be a great asset for campers to experience what bouldering is like and fall in love with a great healthy activity that is not typically available to them in the Northwest Ohio landscape.3. Painting. Painting is always needed to restore the inside of Harmony Lodge to tip top shape. A great project for winter guests.
Volunteer Opportunities at Camp Widewater
- Lawn mowing
- Assisting with summer camp registration, camp store, welcome table and tour guides
- General cleaning and handyman jobs
Possibly you would like to be a contributor to help see that projects get completed.
- Letters of donation are available for tax purposes.
- We do not assign a value to items donated and ask that all donations be "gently used" in the fact that they will suffice the needs of the camp.
- Please contact the Camp Director by phone or email to discuss the materials you might want to donate, or project you would like to help fund.
Thank you for supporting West Ohio Camps!
Director, Camp Widewater
rpalmer [at] wocumc.org